Whirlwind - DirectT2-JT Dual Direct Box with Jensen Transformer
The DIRECT2-JT is a premium two channel, passive direct box from Whirlwind, featuring the Jensen JT-DB-EPC transformer, renown for wide frequency response and superior noise rejection characteristics. Perfect for converting unbalanced signals from stereo keyboards, acoustic guitar preamps, CD and tape players, computer sound cards, etc. when lowest noise and widest frequency response are required.
The unit is a passive device and therefore requires no external power supply. Each channel features a ground lift switch and a 20dB pad for selecting between line/instrument or speaker level signals. The input and output grounds of each section are isolated from each other. This allows the DIRECT2-JT to be used as if it were two completely separate DIs without fear of creating ground loop interaction.
- Input Connections 2 x 1/4" TS phone
- Output Connectors 2 x XLR
- 2 x 1/4" TS phone Thru
- Input Level Not specified by manufacturer
- Output Level 20dB below input level
- Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz, -0.08dB (ref 1kHz)
- Noise Not specified by manufacturer
- Power Passive
- Specialties Uses Whirlwind's TRHL-M transformer with metal shield
- 1/4" parallel wired In/Thru jacks, or may be converted to dual inputs with COMBINE buttons
- 20dB pad button for connection to "hot" input signals
- Ground Lift switches to help eliminate hum and buzz
Uses Jensen JT-DB-EPC transformers