Whirlwind - Direct 2 Dual Direct Box
The DIRECT2 is a two channel, passive direct box from Whirlwind that converts unbalanced line, instrument or speaker level signals to low impedance balanced microphone levels, which are then suitable for imputing to a console or microphone preamp.
The unit is a passive device and therefore requires no external power supply. Each channel features a ground lift switch and a 20dB pad for selecting between line/instrument or speaker level signals.
The input and output grounds of each section are isolated from each other. This allows the DIRECT2 to be used as if it were two completely separate DIs without fear of creating ground loop interaction.
- 1/4" parallel wired in/out jacks
- 20dB pad switches for selecting between line/instrument or speaker level input signals
- Ground Lift switches to help eliminate hum and buzz
- Input Connections 2 x 1/4" TS phone
- Output Connectors 2 x XLR
- 2 x 1/4" TS phone Thru
- Input Level Not specified by manufacturer
- Output Level 20dB below input level
- Frequency Response 20Hz to 20kHz, +/-1dB
- Noise Not specified by manufacturer
- Power Passive
- Specialties Uses Whirlwind's TRHL-M transformer with metal shield