Shure SM7B - Cardioid Dynamic Studio Vocal Microphone, includes standard and close-talk windscreens
The SM7B dynamic microphone has a smooth, flat, wide-range frequency
response appropriate for music and speech in all professional audio
applications. It features excellent shielding against electromagnetic
hum generated by computer monitors, neon lights, and other electrical
devices. The SM7B has been updated from earlier models with an improved
bracket design that offers greater stability. In addition to it's
standard windscreen, it also includes the A7WS windscreen for
SM7B Includes foam winscreen, close-talk windscreen, locking yoke mount.
- Flat, wide-range frequency response for exceptionally clean and natural reproduction of both music and speech
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis (presence boost) controls with graphic display of response setting
- Improved rejection of electromagnetic hum, optimized for shielding against broadband interference emitted by computer monitors
- Internal "air suspension" shock isolation virtually eliminates mechanical noise transmission
- Highly effective pop filter eliminates need for any add-on
protection against explosive breath sounds, even for close-up vocals or
- Now shipping with the A7WS detachable windscreen, designed to
reduce plosive sounds and gives a warmer tone for close-talk vocals
- Yoke mounting with captive stand nut for easy mounting and dismounting provides precise control of microphone position
- Classic cardioid polar pattern, uniform with frequency and
symmetrical about axis, to provide maximum rejection and minimum
coloration of off-axis sound
- Rugged construction and excellent cartridge protection for outstanding reliability
- Replacement cartridge: RPM106
- 50 to 20,000 Hz
- Cardioid (unidirectional)
- Microphone impedance rating is 150 ohms (150 ohms actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated at 19 to 300 ohms.
- Positive pressure on diaphragm produces positive voltage on pin 2 relative to pin 3.
- Output Level (at 1,000 Hz)
- Open Circuit Voltage*: -59.0 dB (1.12 mV)
*0 dB = 1 volt per Pascal
Electromagnetic Hum Sensitivity (Typical, Equivalent SPL/milliOersted)
- 60 Hz: 11 dB
- 500 Hz: 24 dB
- 1 kHz: 33 dB
- Bass rolloff and mid-range emphasis: Slotted response selector
switches. See Figure 3 in User Guide for bass rolloff and mid-range
emphasis (presence boost) response.
Cartridge Shock Mount
- Internal air-suspension shock and vibration isolator.
- Three-pin professional audio (XLR)
- Integrated, captive nut for ease of attachment to stand, fits 5/8 in.-27 thread.
- Dark gray enamel aluminum and steel case with dark gray foam windscreen.
- See User Guide
- 765.4 grams (1 lb, 11 oz)