How to select the best RMX Series amplifier for your speakers
The QSC RMX 5050 power amplifier represents the state-of-the-art in professional quality performance at an affordable price. Perfectly suited for a wide range of sound reinforcement applications including professional touring, performing musicians, and mobile entertainers, the RMX 5050 is optimized to deliver high levels of sustained power, extraordinary audio performance and road-proven reliability. Like its smaller sibling (the RMX 4050HD), the RMX 5050 features a three-tier, Class H design. The RMX 5050 is extremely efficient at real world power levels. Less AC current is wasted and more goes into producing useful audio power. The RMX 5050 uses the best available component upgrades to increase peak power by 25% over the RMX 4050HD. Like all RMX amps, the RMX 5050 features balanced 1/4" TRS, XLR and barrier strip inputs, binding posts and Neutrik Speakon™ outputs, front-mounted gain controls, plus signal and clip LED indicators to monitor performance.
- The new flagship of the RMX line, the RMX 5050 provides extremely high power and represents tremendous value
- The RMX 5050 provides advanced thermal performance, delivering higher continuous power in 2-ohms stereo or 4-ohms bridged applications
- Dual mono, high current power supply for increased reliability and performance
- 3RU chassis only 16" deep
- Professional quality performance - incorporates road-proven QSC designs
- High-current toroidal transformers for greater two-ohm power and low noise
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- Balanced 1/4" (6.3 mm) TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs for maximum flexibility
- Binding post and Neutrik Speakon™ outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and Clip LED indicators to monitor performance
- 3-year warranty.
The new RMX Series amplifiers give you clean, dynamic power with the legendary QSC sound quality and reliability that pros depend on. We combined our rugged high output designs with the latest circuit technology to deliver unmatched performance at a new breakthrough price.
Muscular Power Plant
The power supply is the heart of an amplifier, converting raw AC power from the wall to clean DC for the audio circuitry. The RMX uses a powerful high-current toroidal transformer and ample filter capacitance to ensure generous energy reserves. This makes a critical difference in sound quality, allowing the amp to effortlessly punch out high level transients, even when driving abusive 2-ohm speaker loads.
RMX amplifiers deliver true studio-quality sound. A full complementary output circuit using the highest-grade linear output devices delivers ultra-low distortion (<0.05% THD) & a ruler-flat frequency response. SMT (Surface Mount Technology) triples small-signal component density, enabling us to pack up to 2400 watts of power in a chassis only 2 rack spaces & less than 16" deep. And unlike other designs, RMX output devices are direct-mounted to the heat sink for optimum thermal coupling & cooling.
Below you will find a list of owners manuals, specification sheets and rebate forms that may be available for the QSC - RMX5050. These require a PDF viewer such as Acrobat Reader.