The S-4000S-3208 is a component of the S-4000 Digital Snake System. It
has 32 inputs, 8 outputs and redundant Ethernet connectors. It is
typically used on the stage providing 32 mic/line inputs and 8 outputs
or returns. Each channel has remotely switchable Phantom Power as well
as a 20 dB pad. The professional quality XR-1 mic preamps are remotely
controllable in zipperless 1dB steps using the S-4000R Remote Controller
or a Mac or PC using the free RSS-RCS software. The preamps have been
designed for live sound applications and provide superb audio quality
with 28 dB of headroom.
The redundant Ethernet connectors are rugged Neutrik Ethercon
connectors configured as Main and Backup. In case the Main cable is
compromised, the system will automatically and seamlessly switch to the
Backup cable and light an Indicator LED. In addition to redundant
Ethernet connectors and an optional redundant power supply, the unit has
a covered power switch to prevent accidental power loss as well as a
power cable security bracket. The S-4000S-3208 is rack mountable and
provides flush or recessed mounting positions so that a cover can be
placed on its rack case while connectors are still in place.
The S-4000S-3208 offers superb remotely controllable mic preamps
along with Ethernet and optional power supply redundancy for a high
quality, secure system.
In an analog system, low-level microphone signals are boosted using a
mic preamp only after the long, arduous journey down the analog snake.
For this reason it’s difficult to avoid degradation and cross talk. The
S-4000S-3208 is equipped with high quality and remote controllable XR-1
pre-amps that boost the input gain right at the microphone, where the
highest quality signal is found. This ensures that your audio will sound
its best. And of course once the signal is in digital form, it is
immune to analog cabling losses. The XR-1 pre-amp has been specially
designed for live audio applications and is made of high quality
components carefully selected by Roland’s engineers.
- 32 Mic/Line Inputs and 8 +4 Line Level Outputs provide professional quality source and return audio
- Source audio can be split to many locations using a standard Ethernet gigabit Switch
- High quality XR-1 mic preamps provide superb sound with lots of headroom
- Zipperless remote control of preamp levels available using S-4000R from stage or FOH positions
- Mic preamps on stage and digital audio transmission system
eliminate the loss of high frequencies and intelligibility found in
- Mic/Line level eliminates need for direct boxes on stage
- Redundant Ethernet ports with rugged Neutrik Ethercon connectors offer seamless switching to backup cable with no loss of audio
- Optional S-240P power supply switches automatically with no loss of audio in case of power supply interruption
- Modular design allows Input and Output modules to be changed for different system configurations