Whether recording in the studio, running live house sound, recording a live show, or for use as a stage monitor mixing board, the feature-packed SX4882 does it all. Designed with live performance versatility and recording necessities built in, this console combines years of every sound engineer’s wants and needs into one high-performance machine. It may not get you free beer or groupies, but it rocks for live-sound and recording.
What is an In-Line mixer? And why you want oneAn in-line mixer is a mixer within a mixer. That’s the reason you will notice this board is labeled Channels 1-24 AND Channels 25 – 48. It’s really two 24-channel mixers in one. This “embedded mixer,” called Mix B, is typically used in recording applications, but it has some useful live-sound features as well. In the studio, Mix B allows you to return all your multi-track tape channels back into channels on the board without losing any of your 24 main-input channels. This provides seamless playback and mixdown capabilites with just a few button pushes and no additional patching. In other words, no visible plumber-cracks or untimely delays. Live, Mix B can be used to send a totally separate 2-track mix to a recording device, separate speaker zone or out to a broadcast feed, plus it functions as an additional monitor or effects bus.
One reason you’ll really appreciate having the in-line mixer is simple: LIVE RECORDING. If you’ve ever tried to make a recording off of the board during a live show, you know how well that works (NOT!). Often input and output levels necessary for quality recording do not match the requirements of the live mix, where stage volumes factor in to the overall room sound. Getting around that issue used to require a splitter and second mixer just for recording. Now that is eliminated by having an in-line mixer in your live board.
Va-Va-Va-Versatility! No More “Creative Patching”
Input choices and routing options are not overrated. In fact, they are essential to managing technically complex instrumentation or multiple bands all patched into the same board. And while you may not need every patching option for every show, at least you know you have every input and output option you could ever need. You will be grateful to have features like Insert points on every channel input, all Subgroups and on the Main outs. Direct Outputs on each channel are very useful too and may even make you a hero for about 5 minutes when you can provide a seemingly improbable solution by taking a direct split off the console to feed some other input source.
Use your creativity where it matters most – in getting the sound and mix you want, not on brain-twisting patching compromises and channel routing puzzles. Complete versatility and accessibility is what it’s all about and the SX4882 does not disappoint.
- Ultra-low noise, high-headroom analog mixer for studio, live, front-of-house, monitor, corporate and touring audio applications
- True in-line concept with 24 independent Mix-B input channels, all with individual 2-band EQ, Level, Pan and Mute
- 24 state-of-the-art XENYX Mic Preamps with switchable +48 V phantom power
- Neo-classic "British" 4-band EQs with 2 semi-parametric mid bands for warm and musical sound
- 8 subgroups with independent Solo and routing functions simultaneously feed 16 multi-track outputs
- Clip and -20 dB LEDs plus EQ In, Low Cut, Mute, Solo/PFL, Subgroup and Main routing switches on all channels
- 6 Aux sends per channel: all switchable pre/post fader
- Main Aux sends with Level controls and Solo functions
- 6 multi-functional stereo Aux returns featuring Level and Balance controls, Solo and extensive routing functions
- Solo-In-Place with PFL function plus 2 independent phones sections plus full-featured monitor and talkback section with built-in microphone
- Comprehensive Channel, Group and Main insert points
- Built-in meterbridge with meters for each channel, Subgroup and Main, monitoring either the channel or Tape return signal
- Long-wearing 100-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- Expander port with universal jack connectors for optimal linking to other consoles
- 2 BNC connectors for 12 V gooseneck lights
- Internal autorange power supply for maximum flexibility (100 - 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Conceived and designed by BEHRINGER Germany