QSC System K One - Complete QSC Portable Speaker System “Free Speaker Stands & Cables”
($3,248.99 Retail Value)
This incredible package includes:
- 2 X K10 Powered Loudspeakers
- 1 X KSUB Powered Subwoofer
- 3 X M50 - 50' Horizon Mic Cables
- 1 X S171PAK - Pair of Quik Lok Aluminum Speaker Stands with Bag
With the launch of its new K Series product group, QSC has redefined the standard in compact, lightweight, high-performance powered loudspeakers.
The combination of a professional-looking molded ABS enclosure, uniformly matched drivers, advanced DSP, and QSC's legendary touring spec amplification has resulted in an unprecedented package. K Series is demonstrably able to outperform other molded enclosure systems due in part to one fundamental principle: the same 1,000-watt Class D amplifier module powers all four models - whether the K8, K10, K12 - or KSub (dual-12" subwoofer).
QSC Director of Entertainer Solutions Ray van Straten states, "The K Series has been designed entirely without compromise, from the ground up. QSC has departed from convention and at the same time exploded a myth that smaller woofers must equate to lower performance.
"Competitors will typically use the highest power amplifier and the best quality drivers in the largest format model, while designing their smaller format models with lower power amplification and lesser performing components. This allows them to reduce the price of the smaller models, further propagating the myth that a smaller woofer enclosure necessitates lower performance."
He continues, "Apart from using the same amp module across the line, we are also using the same quality woofer motor in all four models, and the same 1.75" HF device in the three 2-way enclosures. The primary differentiator is the resulting output dispersion - the K8 being the widest at 105° and the K12 the narrowest at 75°. The choice for the customer then is not 'good, better, best', but 'best, best, best' - and 'How wide a box do I need?'"
This radical approach is achievable due to a process called Directivity Matched Transition DMT™. DMT allows QSC to take advantage of a fundamental law of acoustics - smaller diameter woofers have wider coverage patterns than larger ones. QSC has simply matched the HF device to the LF dispersion, allowing for the smoothest and flattest frequency response possible across the entire sound field.
Add to this advanced DSP processing and an enclosure molded from ABS - a material far more rugged and sonically pleasing than conventional plastics - and the K Series delivers a completely new standard of performance in this category of loudspeakers.
Several proprietary QSC DSP technologies are incorporated into the K Series. One such technology is Digital Extension and Excursion Processing (DEEP™). DEEP allows each of the K Series models to deliver levels of low-frequency extension, hitherto impossible in enclosures of this size. Intrinsic Correction™, first featured in QSC line-array technology, utilizes dozens of spatially-averaged measurements, mapped to the processor to deliver smooth and accurate reproduction across the entire sound field.
Preventing amplifier clipping or overload is QSC's proprietary GuardRail™ technology, also present in their popular GX amplifier line. GuardRail™ closely monitors the input voltage and controls the amplifier output stage before the onset of clipping. Unlike typical clip limiters, when GuardRail is activated, the results are all but undetectable - there's none of the typical 'pumping' associated with other methods. In addition, user EQ controls are provided to select between application settings (EXT SUB, VOCAL, or FLAT response).
K Series boasts other user-friendly features. For example, when speakers are pole-mounted, the Tilt-Direct™ pole socket converts to a 7.5° down-tilt with a simple 180° rotation of the dial. A locking IEC power cord is included, preventing accidental disconnect during a performance. For installed applications, connecting a commonly available potentiometer to the unit allows the operator to obtain gain control from a remote location. Multiple K Series units can also be daisy-chained together to one centralized control. Additionally, the K Series enters standby mode after five minutes of inactivity, both conserving power and enhancing ease of use.
The entire package is housed in rugged and sonically-friendly ABS (the sub in birch plywood) with steel grilles (2-way models) and carry-friendly ergonomic aluminum handles. The KSub also features low-noise casters for easy transport.
- 1,000 watt, efficient and lightweight class D power module
- Light Weight (39 lbs. 2-way, 74 lbs. KSub)
- Professional appearance and rugged construction
- Directivity Matched Transition (DMT™) and Intrinsic Correction™ DSP tuning for accurate, undistorted performance across the entire sound field
- GuardRail™ technology discreetly protects the system from damaging overload
- DEEP™ mode for enhanced low-frequency extension without a subwoofer
- Locking IEC power cable
- XLR and 1/4" connectors
- Phone mic/line and line inputs with loop-thru connectors and independent level controls.
- Phono (RCA) inputs (2-way units)
- Coverage pattern optimized to match the LF driver
- Front-mounted LED may be switched off or to indicate LIMIT or AC Power On
- Dual angle, 35 mm pole socket with Tilt-Direct™ allows the speaker to be angled down to put the energy on the audience instead of the back wall
- Suspension and yoke mounting accessories available
- 4" voice-coil woofer design for high output
- 1.75" voice-coil compression driver
- High Pass Filter for use with subwoofers
- Subwoofer 1,000 watt, efficient and lightweight Class D power module
- Dual 12" band-pass for compact size, efficiency and high-power handling
- Threaded pole socket for solid, secure pole mounting (KSub, includes pole)
- 3" Casters (KSub)